Spring Series 2021 virtual racing - Team allocation(February 18, 2021)
The 59th minute of the 23rd hour came…and the last Beetroot signed up for the team event for the Great HHH Spring Series of virtual races, and then an Owl brought in some more.
Allocating teams was a complex business, that required consulting with those great Algorithmic experts of 2020 and after applying a methodology similar to that initially used for A-Levels, followed by judicious use of a “sorting hat” we have come up with 6 teams of “mixed” ability of 9 runners
The nature of the team competition will be as follows:
- All team members may run in all races
- The best 6 “adjusted” age graded scores for each team will count
- [Different runners can count in the 3 different races, this allows members to miss a race for whatever reason]
- Dumbledore and Lord Voldemort will be around and this may cause “adjustment” to some runners scores
- The Team with the best overall score after 18 race results will be the winners : all team members will be recognised
- We are delighted to have some youngsters participating however, they may only run the 10k event
Noting the club colours we have named the teams for you
Four teams make up the maroon background
- Pinot Noir
And two form the silver hoops
Hopefully you can find a way to celebrate your favourite grape variety in style over the coming weeks.