VR results for the weekend 5-7 June 2020(June 07, 2020)
41 speedy Beetroots once again completed over 50 5k races in our popular summer Virtual Racing series. Strava spied a few guests also but we do not inlcude them in our results. Well done to all of you.
Looking at the Results the Burgess Hill Course is clearly the faster option and this dominated our "handicap" table. However, newcomer Josh Franks topped that with a great run at HH West. The screw will be turned for your next efforts!
The headlines are below
Thank you for respecting social distancing and club guidelines
Our next event will be a six leg relay on the South Downs - watch out for communications from HHH on this - email, WhatsApp, etc. Those keen should have already flagged interest.
- 52 races completed from 41 runners, excluding a couple of "2 efforts on same course" and a couple of juniors/guests that are not included in our results
- Michael Burke went for symmetry : 17:17 on HH West, 18:18 at Lindfield - could he have clocked 16:16 at Burgess Hill?
- Chris Faulkner delivered the triple and ran all 3 courses - Chapeau
- Paul Cousins again topped the age-graded list with his Burgess Hill effort - but propped up the handicap table with his Lindfield effort - Do legends have off days?
- Once again no-one ran on their Birthday!
Tight Racing awards
- FOUR "dead heat finishes - Ben Duncan & Russ Mullen, Jason Robinson & Dave Warren, Andy Hind & Andy Guy and Carl Bicknell & Graham Kenward
- If Simon Robinson had been 1 s quicker we'd have had our first 3-way tie!
- 3 other pairs were split only by a second
Thankyous from / to
Organisers : Marion Hemsworth, Martin Delbridge, Mark Sykes
Idea : Chris Faulkner
Course Pilots/Trialists : Ian Dumbrell, Hannah Gibson, Russ Mullen