With the easing of lockdown restrictions, the club has undetaken a series of risk assessments to identify the best way we can safely train while adhering to the government guidelines on social distancing and England Athletics best practice.
As we transition to our Spring / Summer training routine, here's a brief summary of how we will be conducting training for the Under 18 and senior endurance groups:
- Changes effective 17 May mean we can now train in groups of a maximum size of 12. This includes the run leader
- Specific invites to sessions are no longer required but please do inform your group leader in advance if you are planning on attending the session
- We have developed a rota of suitable running locations using Whitemans Green, the track and the surrounding areas. Risk assessements for all locations are included below
- Your group leader will advise you on the meeting location and time for your session
- Please pay special attention to your group leader as as times and locations of training may still change
PLEASE NOTE - seperate arrangements are in operation for our junior and sprint groups but we will be catering for larger groups of up to 12.
The following documents explain the current situation in more detail, how and when we will will be conducting training going forward and the additional safeguards that are in place for your safety.
All members are asked to familiarise themselves with these documents. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the club via the usual channels.
Spring / Summer training at Whitemans Green (from 20 April 2021)